We are an Independent Bicycle Shop in Sherman TX
Our customer base extends hundreds of miles in all directions.
We're BIG on service & customer satisfaction
We are Owned and Operated by Cyclists
We have a passion for the sport!
- We commute by bike
- We ride ultra-long distance or short distances
- We like to ride fast, and like to ride slow
- We tour, randonneur, race...
- We just like to ride bikes!
Who are we?
Charlie & Pat Jenkins - Owner/Operators
We have been happily married since 1978, and have been avid cyclists for most of these years. I (Charlie) started racing local road races & weekly time trials in Springfield MO, in the early 80's. In 2001, we purchased our first tandem, a Cannondale RT1000. We both enjoyed the tandem so much that we soon quit riding our single bikes altogether. In 2007 we were introduced to randonneuring (long distance un-supported cycling). Randonneuring and Ultra-Distance racing (all on tandems) is our preferred cycling.
In 2009 we completed RAAM (Race Across AMerica) as an 8-bike tandem team. We crossed the USA (Oceanside CA to Annapolis MD), 3021 miles, in 6 days, 10 hours & 14 minutes. We held the transcontinental record for this event 2009 through 2011.
In 2008 we completed the Tejas 500, at the Texas Time Trials. 500 miles, solo, unsupported in under 36 hours. We are the current record-holder for this event in the tandem division.
In a normal year, we ride in excess of 10,000 miles on our tandem.
Our current tandem bikes are:
- 2009 Calfee Dragonfly, full carbon frame & fork equipped with Campy Record/SRAM Red, weighing a mere 27 pounds
- 2012 Calfee Bamboo Custom 29er, set up as a cross-bike for gravel & dirt road racing
- Also, a couple single bikes that rarely get ridden: Klein CarbonQ (his), Felt (hers), and a classic Mirella